Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Great Plans

 I've labeled this my Prayer Tree. It's about a 10 minute walk from my house, right next to the Taff River. On days that it's not raining or very muddy; I'll walk to this tree, lay under it, stare in wonder, and talk to Jesus.

 
It's amazing how interesting a tree is when you take the time to really look at it. Your mind can get lost in the shapes that are created with the branches and leaves. All the colors, all the detail, in just this one tree.

Off in the distance is Cardiff, you can just barely see Millennium Stadium. The ground was a little damp, but I just didn't care. I wanted to rest in His presence

  All of that beauty in something so large as that tree, but there's also something mesmerizing about a single leaf.


It's my Prayer Tree. It's my place to get away and talk to Jesus. Of course you can talk to Him wherever you are, but there's something special about this place. I'm thankful that I'm in a place in my life where I can take time in my day to pray under a tree and be with Jesus. I haven't been to my Prayer Tree that much in the last month, and I miss that. I miss that time with Jesus. It's something so great; you'd think I'd make it more of a priority, but for some reason things like facebook or movies get in the way. Why is it so easy to waste away my time with worthless things, yet so hard to simply be? Simply be with Jesus. Not trying to impress Him, or ask Him for things, but just to be with Him.

I need more of Jesus.

Something that helps me focus on Jesus is music. Probably the most listened to song on my iPod this year has been "Great Plans" by Cloverton

Hello my love
your future waits for you
the certainties are few.

I know you’re scared
but the voices in your head,
will soon be mine instead; they’ll say

Great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you

I know you’re tired
the darkness in your eyes
I’ve come to recognize

So lay yourself down
in the shelter of my tree
rest awhile with me, here

Great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you 

And prosper you will
I know you will, I know you will
Prosper you will
I know you will, I know you will

Great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you
great plans I have for you 


I love the line "So lay yourself down, in the shelter of my tree, rest awhile with me, here" It pretty much sums up my time under the tree, resting with Him.... I love the whole song, all of it. On the days when I don't have anything left in me and I just don't understand, I listen to this song. I let its truth seep into my soul. God, the creator of everything, the One who sent His Son to die for me, who loves me more than I can fathom, has great plans...for me!


May we learn to rest awhile with Him, under the shelter of His tree. May we also rest in the fact that He has great plans for us. May we live a life that reflects that truth. May it seep into the depths of our hearts and souls.


Great plans I have for you


No comments:

Post a Comment